|Right Wing Done!|
|the 'extra' wing walk...|
This moment has took a long time coming. The sense of accomplishment is awesome. I know it's only one wing, and it isn't covered, but still, the darn trials and tribulations that went into that thing...
It has been a year since I started the project. At first glance it doesn't seem I did much, but sitting back and thinking about it, I accomplished the following:
- built all ribs for upper and lower wings, and ailerons.
- built all four ailerons.
- made all tip bows and center bow.
- acquired a dismantled '75 skybolt for salvage.
- media blasted the fuselage and empennage.
- extended the shop.
- insulated the shop and fitted two window AC units.
So not too bad after all.
The port wing should go much quicker because:
- I've learned from mistakes the first time around.
- Every time I needed something like drag wires, plates, hardware, I purchased, fabricated and sprayed for all the wings where possible.
- Jigs like the trammell bar, drag wire drill jig, and I-strut drill jig are already made.
So...on to round 2...
a final shot before hanging...
Finally...hung up out of the way...